What is the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)?
The ACP Program is a Federal Communication Commission (FCC) program designed to help low-income households pay for internet service and connected devices.
OEConnect, LLC. (OEConnect) offers discounted service to eligible households through the Affordable Connectivity Program, or ACP. The ACP is a government program that reduces customers’ broadband monthly Internet access service bills. Households can qualify for ACP benefits if their total income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines (ACP Eligibility Guidelines) for a household of that size, if a member of the household is currently enrolled in Lifeline, or if at least one member of the household participates in a qualifying government program, including SNAP, Medicaid, SSI or the Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, as well as other specified programs. You can find out more about our ACP-discounted offerings and how to enroll by calling (607) 293-6622. If the Program ends, or if a participating household is no longer eligible, the household will be subject to OEConnect’s regular rates, terms, and conditions.
1. ACP is a government program that reduces the customer's broadband internet service bill
2. ACP is temporary in nature
3. Households will be subject to the Carrier's undiscounted rates and general terms and conditions at the end of the program if they continue to receive service
4. Households may obtain broadband service supported by the ACP Program from any participating Carrier of their choosing
5. Households may transfer their ACP program benefit to another Carrier at anytime
To further understand the program, please review the following links:
Acceptable Documentation Examples
1) Find out if you qualify and apply online USAC ACP Application Process
2) Once you are approved, please fill out the required application in full: ACP Application
* Interactive application must be downloaded and saved to your computer first before filling it out.
3) Attach a copy of your National Verifier Application ID # and approval.
4) Attach an acceptable form of identification: ACP Acceptable Documentation Guide
5) Return all forms by email to: EBBP@otsegoec.coop or by mail to P.O. Box 128, Hartwick, NY 13348.
Please note: In order to be eligible for the program, the ACP application must be filled out in your OEConnect Account holder's name. Third parties, not on your account, are unable to qualify you for the program.
If you have any further questions or to see if your plan qualifies for the ACP Discount, please contact the OEC Business Office at 607-293-6622.